Some other simple but useful advice for spending your holiday in Bali as peaceful as possible:
- Deposit money, valuable and documents in the room safe.
- During visits to the Temples, follow the rules, wear a sarong (pareo) around your waist and women must not enter during menstruation.
- Do not trample on any offerings.
- Respect the processions without blowing your hooter (honking) and do not overtake the procession unless instructed by professional traffic officers.
- Do not buy drugs of any kind, it results in the death penalty.
- Be careful driving but also crossing the road, drive on the left and the traffic rules are almost non-existent.
- Always ask permission before photographing someone, especially if he is praying.
- Do not touch people’s heads, particularly children, it is considered to be offensive.
Bali is the most important tourist destination in Indonesia, with a reputation for having the most beautiful sights in Asia, it is visited by millions of tourists every year from all over the world. It offers an abundance of beaches, surf spots, dive sites, temples, culture, art, shopping, nightlife, a real mix to suit all tastes.